Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's a Flom World After All

I love our little bubble we live in. As a family we really do do our best to encapsulate every moment as if it were our last. However, I chose to stay inside the warmth tonight & listen to my traditional Christmas music channel, finish folding clothes & deal with puppy potty training still, yes Charlie did just start to pee, while Derek took Breanna & Emily swimming on a very balmy 9 degree night. I had to copy Dereks facebook post which reads..."Its a balmy 9 degrees must be time to swim! Just need to remember not to leave swim bag in my truck! — at The Pool - Lifetime Fitness Center....Many other great posts I could think of that gets my blood boiling like .."It's a steamy 77 degrees in my cozy house, fire place glowing, music softly playing & my heart is full of love" Where's hallmark when you need them? ; )
So Derek has the girls at the pool & is paying them .50 cents for each time they go down the slide to earn money for tomorrows Secret Santa shop at their school. They left with intention of going down 40 times to get 24$ each. Looking forward to hear the results. Earlier Breanna came home & was telling me all the details about her field trip today to The Kindness Retreat...Light bulb turned on & I suggested "how about you blog about it all then I can read it always" Immediately I loved the idea of getting both my girls excited about blogging about their days for mom & dad. Well it turned into a business right away. Breanna says, "How much are you gonna pay me?" A penny a word seemed very fair. "No, 10 cents" she says. After bickering about words for a blog I came back with .05 cents a word and she agreed. I set her up & away she started typing. She was busy blogging for close to an hour. I even commented, "what's taking so long?" "I'm putting extra words in" she says. For money! Well I think in the end this was a real good penny earned in my book for Breanna. When she was done she speaks loudly with joy, "Come look I posted it" She was tickled to show me how long it was! :o) Her next statement..."check how many words there are now?" Word count complete, tally back, 613 words...She jumped up to the ceiling with happiness, laughing! lol Well moral of the story I have to pay up or her blogging days are over...& I much appreciated her blog to let that cease. Emily says "You didn't want me to write about my field trip" oops well Yes I do & actually I honestly have hers started just not posted so she's ahead of the game...Stay tuned for her Orchestra Hall field trip she took last week to see Hansel & Gretel. If only I could rewrite in her words the excitement she shared about it!

"It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small (Flom) world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to every one
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small (Flom) world after all" ~ The Sherman Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment