Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tis The Season for Giving

I can't help every time this year to inventory all my blessings when everywhere I go I see lots of great organizations & events teaming up with such a great cause

http://www.icafoodshelf.org/index.html to help the less fortunate. It always reminds me of the times my family was in need & not necessarily on the great path we presently are on. I always told myself the time will come when I can repay in a way of giving back. If it's cans of food, clothing, blankets all those over excess of "things" I attach myself too, I have learned to let go & give. The other night while looking on our food shelf I was picking out cans for Emily to bring to school & I caught myself asking the question...What would a family want to eat...tomato paste, no...cans I haven't opened in months for a reason no, I went for the Ravioli's, yummy beans & vegetables & rice & pasta. Emily talked about the donation box in her class & was excited to bring it in because she said there wasn't much in her classes box.

ICA's Current Needs

Canned Beans (black, northern, kidney, etc)

Macaroni & Cheese

Bagged Rice

Peanut Butter

Jelly

Canned Salmon

Misc. Vegetables (except green beans, corn or peas)

Stuffing

Current Wish List

New Camera

8.5" x 11" Acrylic Frames

Laminator



Tomorrow night I am looking forward for to Breanna's Girl Scout Troop going to

http://www.hishousefoundation.com/news.asp?docID=29 to learn about what His House does & to bring the donations the troop has been collecting. I love that the troop will have their part in serving their community by providing direct services to families in need. Giving without expecting anything in return. That's what it's all about!



The Mission & Value Statements of both Organizations.


ICA's Intercongregation Communities Association
Mission
To offer hope as we provide assistance to our neighbors in need

Our Vision
To uphold the dignity of our neighbors in need as they strive for self-sufficiency

To share the ongoing work of assisting our neighbors in partnership with the congregations, organizations, businesses and individuals in our communities


His House Foundation
Values
The organizational values that govern the work of His House Foundation are:

Faith
His House Foundation is about putting faith into action and bringing hope and help to transform lives. It is about serving God by serving others.

Integrity
His House Foundation is a community of individuals supporting each other to reclaim our innate mental, emotional, and spiritual integrity and reconnect fully with our unique purpose in the world.

Respect
His House Foundation is committed in carrying out our mission in such a way which shows respect for others. We are committed in implementing our mission in a way which considers the feelings of the host family in a non-judgmental way.

Mutuality
His House Foundation believes that human mutuality is based on love, respect, servitude, kindness.

Service
His House Foundation was founded upon the call to serve Christ and to serve our fellow man with benevolence. This is a call which we accept with humility and gratitude. We believe that we have been saved to serve.

It is our goal to portray these values in our relationships with our community partners, families and individuals seeking our services, volunteers, donors and all others with whom we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment